In order to help users test Linx or test their system setup, they can use this Linx Benchmark Tool.
- Understand Linx’s capabilities
- Get performance of current setup
- Compare performance to other setups
- Discover the unknowns and pinpoint bottlenecks
- Can provide standardised reference times to clients
- Help with sizing of hardware based on requirements
- Learn optimisation through examples
What does this benchmarking tool do?
- Read 100,000+ records, each with 60+ columns from a CSV file
- Insert Records to Database
- Do a calculation on each record, based on values in the record
- Do a lookup in the table, based on a value in the record and update the record with the lookup value.
5 Tests These test are not necessary in performance order, as it will depend on the system.
- Test 1: No optimization
- Test 2: Some optimization on the lookup
- Test 3: Add a Transaction for a single connection
- Test 4: Optimize the updates
- Test 5: Optimize upload, updates and lookups
Download the Linx Benchmark Tool (Linx 5.18+): Benchmark.zip (2.2 MB)
How to use?
- Unzip Tool to any folder
- Use 7zip to unzip the MOCK_DATA.7z file to any Folder
- Open the Solution in Linx Designer, or Upload to your Linx Server
- Update the Solution’s Settings to point to your SQL Server and MOCK_DATA.csv file location
- For the first time, on the solution, run the Tools > B1_CreateTables_RunOnce process to set up the required tables in the database
- Run the RunAllTests process to run the benchmark. Allow an hour or so depending on your system. To save the results directly to a file, set the SavetoFile parameter to True and give a Filepath.
To help with building up a Benchmark Library, please add your results below in this format:
Test Name: This is my test
CPU: 4 x vCPU, 3.2 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
SQL Server: Local MS SQL Express
Linx Benchmark Results
1: Test 1 - No Optimization - 00:32:16.6030000 Ran on: 2020-05-28 08:48:00
2: Test 2 - Optimised Lookup - 00:05:35.9330000 Ran on: 2020-05-28 09:20:17
3: Test 3 - Optimised Lookup with Transaction - 00:05:14.8200000 Ran on: 2020-05-28 09:25:53
4: Test 4 - Bulk DB Copy and Optimized Calc and Update - 00:10:36.7570000 Ran on: 2020-05-28 09:31:08
5: Test 5 - Bulk DB Copy and Optimized Calc and Improved Update - 00:01:39.6070000 Ran on: 2020-05-28 09:41:44