Read email error

Hi,
I’m facing an issue in reading the email.issue is :
Process.ReadEmail: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Please help me out with this.

Hi shalu.tyagi,

An Object reference error normally occurs when a property or value is used, which no value have been given to.

To find your issue, we’ll need to get a bit more details. For instance, which values have you set on your ReadEmail function.

Can you send post a screenshot? Or you can email me at support@linx.software.

Regards,
Dawie

and how can we use the filter from in emailread

Hi Shalu.tyagi,

Please have a look at the help: https://linx.software/docs/plugins/email/reference/reademail/

On the bottom you can see how to use regular expressions to filter your emails.

Hi Shalu,

The ReadMail function’s properties are in the Property Editor panel in the lower left corner of the screen.

In the properties section, there are Regex Filter options where you can filter out (using regex):

• Body
  • From
  • From Address
  • Subject
  • To

Depending on what words, characters , numbers etc that you are trying to filter out, you will need to create the regex for it. A good site for Regex tutorials can be found here.

If you can provide me with more information on what you are trying to achieve/the filters required etc I will be in a better position to assist.

Hi ronan,
Actually, I want to read the email in which the from address contains gmail.com only.
please guide me on how to create regex also. If you can provide me some example that’ll be helpful for me.

Hi Shalu,

There are a number of “flavours” of Regular Expresssion (RegEx) to achieve this. This filter requirement is rather basic and wont have to involve complex regex.

A basic “@gmail” can be used which would match anything that contains the characters “@gmail”, additionally the Regex ‘[a-zA-Z0-9]+.[a-zA-Z0-9]+@gmail.com’ will match account names with @gmail, an explanation can be found here.

Due to such a large variation of RegEx there is no “one stop shop” for them and thus depending on the context might change.

Another resource for Regex can be found here.

You can test this in Linx by adding a RegularExpression function and using that to test the expression.

I hope this helps, otherwise just let us know and we can assist.

Hi Shalu,

Hope you are enjoying using Linx, I’ve written two community posts dealing with your email issues they are:

Let us know if you are facing any issues.