Replying to an email using EmailRead

Hi there,

I am trying to set up a job where I reply to an email correspondence automatically using the EmailRead component but I don’t see the option to reply to the email being read.

Is the best way for me to simulate a reply be by using and ReadEmail then a SendEmail and append the original email text to the bottom of my email body? I would also need to prefix "RE: " to the subject line.

Please advise?

On a slightly different tranche, if I need to go this route and I want to store the HTML of the incoming email but need to reply with plain text (I assume it needs to be plain text) appended to the bottom of my response then how can I access both the HTML and plain txt versions of the incoming email?

Hi Nem,

Thank you for your question. We’ll set up an example solution for you.

Best regards,
Dawie

Hi Nem,

Just updating the community site with regards to this.

Currently, your proposed method is the way to achieve this i.e. ReadMail then SendMail accordingly.

Then for the replying mail content, you can reply in HTML, although how you choose to include the original mail as well as the html format of the incoming mails will affect how it displays on the other end.

Another issue is that different mail clients respond differently, i.e. Gmail picks up the mail automatically as a response if you append the subject with “RE:” + Subject, Outlook on the other hand wont pick this up.

Unfortunately due to all these potential different results, you will have to perform your own testing.

1 Like